Thursday 24 January 2013

In the Beginning...

Hello! Thank you for coming and taking a look at my blog. I am a model maker, and I spend my spare time immersed in the absolute pleasure that I find in recreating things in miniature. This blog will focus on my current projects, invite comments and contributions from readers, and look back at some of my old projects.

I have been fascinated with miniatures since I was a child, and began my modelling career (look out, Kate Moss) at the age of 7 with a Matchbox Canberra model aeroplane kit purchased from the local newsagents, Parnell's.



Back then, I was enthralled by the attractive box art and the carefully laid-out frameworks of pieces inside, and I remain so to this day. Over the years, I have built planes, tanks, cars and trucks - and a single ship - as well as a few small dioramas.



I decided to start this blog for a few reasons. First of all, I sometimes speak to people, young and old, who confess almost ruefully that they have decided to try their hand at building a model kit but that they don't expect it to turn out as nice as it looks on the box. For those people, I say get stuck in and enjoy yourself, and if you're not 100% happy with the result, build another - and come here to tell me what you're doing and have a chat. Secondly, for the reason all people start blogs..... because I hope people will visit and enjoy reading the posts for a few minutes. Thirdly, because life is full of challenges, trials, stress and all sorts of things that give us cause to escape to a warmer, easier place. This blog will be exactly that kind of place for me and for you.


I intend to post updates on whatever projects I have on the go, as well as looking back at models I built in the past, and I'll also post on things going on in the model industry.



I hope you will enjoy reading this blog and think to visit again in the future. Thanks for visiting, Simon.

No comments:

Post a Comment